not so quicktime

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RoxStrongo, Oct 11, 2007.

1. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

RoxStrongo

ok it's been bugging me for a while now but does anyone else experience soul crushing load times when opening movies in quicktime now? it seemed to come about after the last major release (when full screen playback came as standard). it's almost like it is scanning the entire file before opening it. does anyone know what's causing or even it can be avoided?
    thanks

2. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

All this can be avoided by using VLC as your default movie file player. I've never been a big fan of QT because of issues with non-sync'ed audio/video in content playback.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

This is irritating, but while playing the file, you can click Windows->Show A/V Controls, and then move the Jog Shuttle to correct it :)

4. firstrest macrumors member

Yup, me too. Can take a minute plus to open a file since said update. Also the green zoom button stopped working. Clicking on it does nothing. Very annoying. I haven't been able to find a fix.

5. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Movies load plenty fine on my machine, but exporting... Wow. About 32 hours to export a 2.5 GB movie to AppleTV format... Wow.

6. RoxStrongo thread starter macrumors regular

RoxStrongo

i found it was actually divx at fault. after updating that everything is nice and quick again.