Not so sleepy Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RollTide, Oct 17, 2007.

1. RollTide macrumors 6502

RollTide

Hey guys, my fiance has a CD Macbook, and it has trouble sleeping. She puts it to sleep by closing the lid, and often it will make the noise like it is ejecting a CD and it wakes up. I believe htat it goes back to sleep (b/c of the pulsing light) but then about 2 minutes later does it again. I heard it do this about 10 times in a 30 minute period. I did repair disk permissions, but no dice.

She has about 1 month left on her basic warranty, I was wanting to see how severe it was before buying the extended. Any suggestions?

Thanks Guys!

2. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Does she have any USB devices connected to the system? Disconnect all peripherals and try putting it to sleep, then connect devices 1 by 1 putting the system back to sleep each time, until you find the one that is waking it up.

I've had a hub that woke my MB up, and I have a USB mouse that wakes it up.

3. RollTide thread starter macrumors 6502

RollTide

Yeah I thought about that, and the only thing she has connected to it is the mighty mouse. Other than that, it is just the power cable. Could a battery issue cause this? ( I dunno why that comes to mind.)

4. NicP macrumors 6502

Have you had problems with your bluetooth module by any chance? Like it getting a jagged line through it and reporting "bluetooth: Not available"

5. RollTide thread starter macrumors 6502

RollTide

no, she usually has bluetooth off, since she doesn't ever use it. But I have a hard time imagining what it looks like anyway :eek:

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Did she install any Lacie backup software on it and then delete it? Also look into the console to see what is waking it up...

7. RollTide thread starter macrumors 6502

RollTide

Well I think we are on the right track, I will put it to sleep for a while and see if it does it again thanks guys.