Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jen3247

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
My iphone 5s with ver. 8.1.3 constantly looses the wifi connection in my house. Every other thing, ipad, 2 computers and a laptop never do. I have to check all the time because it will not be connected to wifi and will say LTE. Then I have to go in settings and tell it to connect.
I have no idea why this keeps happening. I rarely use my phone someplace that does not have a wifi connection. Last month I got a notice that my data plan was almost out.
Any help on how to fix this problem. It is only this phone that constantly looses the wifi connection. I have reset my router many many times, it makes no difference. Every other thing that connects to this router works perfect.
Thanks

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Happens on my 6+ too and it's most frustrating. 7 or 8 times out of 10 it doesn't reconnect automatically either, and I have to go into my settings to rejoin the network. Numerous clean installs and settings resets haven't cured the problem (or any of my other iOS8 bugs).

sindinha

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2014
If other devices like ipad, laptop and etc works fine, then I guess ur iphone has problem on the wifi antenha, it's under warranty?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.