Not strictly iPhone, Handbrake and DVD help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shrewd, Jun 25, 2009.

1. shrewd macrumors member

I know this is a bit off topic but thought I would try my luck here as it is such a popular forum.

I haven't yet got my iPhone but am trying to copy all my DVD's onto my PC (HP media centre) ready to sync from itunes when i get my iPhone next week.

The problem I am facing is that the DVD drive (lightscribe) will not recognise SOME DVD's. It isn't a region issue, as my PC is set to region 2 and it reads some of them fine, as well as region 0. It tends to eb the newer DVDs that it can't read.

I thought it was JUST copy protected DVD's that it wasn't recognising but after trying a few un-protected and then an old protected DVD which all worked, that ruled that out. So I really don't know what the problem is. I suppose a lot of you have macs and may not be able to help but any pointers would be much appreciated.

2. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

It could be an optical drive laser problem, the laser for reading DVDs in your drives could be dead or dying..

3. shrewd thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply noles, however Idon't think it is. It seems to be very consistent in which DVD's it will recognise and which it won't. They just don't register on the computer at all.

I have managed to get the ones that did show up onto Handbrake and am happy with that but it's really annoying now....

4. shrewd thread starter macrumors member