Not sure about iMac purchase help please

Discussion in 'iMac' started by CRFDirtbiker, Jun 13, 2011.

1. CRFDirtbiker macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am a Apple enthusiast and I love love love all of apples products.

But this last one brings me to my new question. I currently have the older model iMac (Previous To newer one) and I want to upgrade to the newer one and give my older one to my mom for her birthday next month. I would like to know what to get and what not to get. My options right now are either the 21.5-inch: 2.5GHz or the 21.5-inch: 2.7GHz. I know some people may say go for the 27 inch model but the size is not for me and I don't need all of that extra power. Money is not a problem so that isn't stopping me from buying the Top Of the Line because apple iMac's are already top of the line.

My question: What do I need? I currently use CS5 Master Collection and pretty much use every program on it. I also use Final Cut and iWork. Internet surfing is quite a lot and iTunes library is stored on our home servers so hard drive space isn't a problem. 32,000 songs and 233 movies. So if you were not in my position what would you use? I would also like to know if you think there is any difference in the 2.5 to 2.7 GHz?

I Currently have the iMac, 2 Mac Servers, Mac Book Pro.
    And If you are wondering what the second server is for it is for my Home Theater and one is for our computers.

Thank You For Your response

:)

2. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

Whats your budget.

How do you use the CS5 collection? Are you a print/web/video/multi-media designer?

3. CRFDirtbiker thread starter macrumors newbie

I would like to spend no more than 1500$ I am buying a new car

Yes I am a dirt bike graphics designer for major companies. I also do video editing and create and maintain my website and my business website but like i said before i have servers to maintain everything

4. uniqueseo macrumors newbie

if you have sufficient money then i think you have to purchase it ...