Not sure I know the difference between Web Design and Development and Mac Programming

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ArtOfWarfare, Oct 5, 2014.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Oftentimes, whenever I post in Web Design and Development I wish I could also post the same thing in Mac Programming. My question isn't about making a program which runs on the Mac, but about a program which runs in a browser, thus my decision to put it in Web Design and Development, but I feel like I'd get a more helpful response, and get it more quickly, too, if I put it in Mac Programming.

Am I the only one who feels like this?

Here's the topic I most recently had this dilemma with:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1796460

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

The programming section here is definitely more busy than the web one. I got a script going within a few hours over there the last time.

3. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I feel like maybe we could have some kind of web programming subsection underneath Mac Programming... and then Web Design and Development could go away entirely? I'm not sure.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

My argument FOR that would be that a lot of web stuff is already being discussed within the other visual media forums. There is no reason why you couldn't talk about making online portfolios of your work in the photography section for instance. And there isn't anything wrong about talking about how to upload your videos to Vimeo and lay them out on a page.

My argument AGAINST that is simply that most questions are simply answered by pointing someone towards a tool that already exists like WordPress and jQuery packages. I also think this might lead to more "help me fix my code" posts too.