Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tctuner7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
So i knew for a while for the 3.0.1 upgrade for the phone you couldn't just download different keyboards in cydia to winterboard and select it to work. I saw that someone had posted about ssh'ing into the phone to get it to work, but i don't really know how to do that.

So I want the macbook black keyboard and i have downloaded it from cydia to winterboard and selected it and re-springed but still doesn't work.

Any incite?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
So i knew for a while for the 3.0.1 upgrade for the phone you couldn't just download different keyboards in cydia to winterboard and select it to work. I saw that someone had posted about ssh'ing into the phone to get it to work, but i don't really know how to do that.

So I want the macbook black keyboard and i have downloaded it from cydia to winterboard and selected it and re-springed but still doesn't work.

Any incite?

Keyboard mods don't work in 3.0/3.01 iPhone firmware.

Winterboard needs to be re-written, as I understand, to handle landscape keyboards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.