Not sure if I have to jailbreak iPod Touch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by artpunk, Mar 23, 2008.

1. artpunk macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm trying to make an icon that launches a homemade video playlist (and then plays them) on the iPod touch interface and wondering if the only way to currently do that is to jailbreak an iPod Touch??

I'm also wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to make your own icons to act like "shortcuts" so that when you touch the icon it launches the video in the iPod Touch video player??

Another question I have is; is it possible to make an icon that will launch an Adobe reader PDF file whenever it is selected??

Lastly, if I do have to jailbreak the iPod, if the iPod were updated whenever a new version was released would that update wipe the jailbreak from the iPod rendering my homemade icons useless?

Any help is very much appreciated.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

sorry I cant really help you with the whole icon thing, maybe if u have a mac you could sign up to the iphone sdk and see if you can do something there?

as for the jailbreak question, future updates would indeed wipe the jailbreak out but the updates are never done automatically you can choose to ignore the update available and just sit and wait for someone to make a jailbreak for the newest firmwares

3. artpunk thread starter macrumors newbie