Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darksoul78644

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
I’m really tempted to upgrade my iPhone Xsmax to the midnight green pro max. I’m not sure tho. Cameras look awesome. The look is growing on me. Hmmm I have like 20 hours to decide. I do have an upgrade available on one of my lines but than I’ll have 2 iPhones or I can jus return my Xsmax. Hmmm decisions decisions. Yes I know. Real world problems lol

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Stick with your XS max, the pro is pretty much the same phone but with thicker bezels and heavier weight.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Slightly brighter screen
A little longer battery life
Telephoto/wide angle lens
Unnoticeable little speed bump with new processor
Heavier

This is a good upgrade for iPhone 6 users. But the weight will take some getting used to

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Slightly brighter screen
A little longer battery life
Telephoto/wide angle lens
Unnoticeable little speed bump with new processor
Heavier

This is a good upgrade for iPhone 6 users. But the weight will take some getting used to
I would not call a 5 hour increase in batter life “a little longer.” When have you ever seen that big of an improvement before? And you haven’t used it yet so how do you know the sped bump is unnoticeable?

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
It hasn’t got thicker bezels at all. Has bit more weight due to bigger battery which is compelling to a lot of power users
Bezels are the same and heavier weight due to a larger battery.

Not true, bezels especially on the Max version are noticeably thicker.

From Apple's own spec page for both devices:

XS Max (left), 11 Pro Max (right)
OyKLz5g.png

XS Max:
VYoW2A6.png

iPhone 11 Pro.
TH5mzbF.png

The new phones increase in every dimension for the same screen sizes, which translates to thicker bezels. This applies to the standard XS vs 11 Pro as well.

The XS was already a thick heavy phone with borderline acceptable bezels. The 11 Pro is a deal breaker. If you've got a X or XS, I'd wait until 2020.

vishalc

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
I would 100% upgrade. EVERY YEAR people say the next major re-design is next year. Truth is - we don't know that. I would strongly suggest upgrading - it's definitely a superior device and we even get a new color.

Reactions: QueenTyrone

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I know others are saying the bezels are not thicker but watching the hands-on videos the other night, I thought to myself that they looked thicker. Almost similar to the XR. And it was the pro being demo’d.

I noticed this as well. I think they did get thicker.

Reactions: The.Glorious.Son

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
Not true, bezels especially on the Max version are noticeably thicker.

From Apple's own spec page for both devices:

XS Max (left), 11 Pro Max (right)
OyKLz5g.png

XS Max:
VYoW2A6.png

iPhone 11 Pro.
TH5mzbF.png

The new phones increase in every dimension for the same screen sizes, which translates to thicker bezels. This applies to the standard XS vs 11 Pro as well.

The XS was already a thick heavy phone with borderline acceptable bezels. The 11 Pro is a deal breaker. If you've got a X or XS, I'd wait until 2020.

Still upgrading lol, it doesn’t bother me that much so if it’s thicker than my max oh well. I need more battery life

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.