Not Sure if its the IOS, the IP6 or People

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jsf721, Oct 13, 2014.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I have been in the Apple Eco system for quite some time. Loving my iPad (2) and my Iphone 5 as well as my iMac (2010)

I list my devices because I don't want anyone to think I am a basher.

I am totally upset that the new iPhone 6 has been so rocky. I use my phone for work 90% and other stuff 10%.

I actually went to the apple store to look at the new phone and possible upgrade. I was confronted with 100's of people all having issues with their phones. From iMessage not working correctly when sending pictures, to slow wifi to exchange not workinh and then some minor BS people complaining about tiny imperfections. The line for the Genius Bar was stacked and packed.

I thought, OK-its the apple store, that is why I saw so many issue. So in the course of my day I meet many people. I see a lot of iPhones both the 6 and 6+. Almost 100% tell me not to get it? They say the battery is poor, the internet is slow and that overall there is nothing better about the unit.

Its becoming the same theme each time I ask I get the same answer that they wish they did not upgrade (yet).

I wish I knew when it was safe to jump into the pool? I cannot live with connectivity issues.

2. pish6969 macrumors regular

I've had the regular 6 since launch...

Haven't had any issues sending messages/receiving/sending pics etc. The WIFI is slow at my work, but at home it flies..has something to do with 2.4 ghz/5ghz on router..but I'm not a tech guy, so really don't know what that means..apparently it will be fixed in next update. That being said, the WIFI works at work, just slow.

Exchange works fine..like you most of my time on phone is work related, so far no connectivity issues.

I'm with Verizon..not sure who you're with, but if you are with Verizon, I would disable the voice and data (just use data only), when I had voice and data, I would drop too many calls.

As far as battery..I get thru the day and charge at night..not too concerned about battery life though since I always have a charger available if needed in my car or in an office

Hope that helps

3. izzle22 macrumors 6502a

izzle22

I've had my iPhone 6 since day one as well. No issues here except some notification issues with iMessage during group chat. I use exchange and it has worked flawlessly. battery life is fantastic compared to my 5 which would barely last through a normal day, the 6 will last me 2 days without charging. Wifi has been great at home and work.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've seen many days with many people in line at various Apple stores, often not long after new hardware/software releases, but even later on. Many times they are there for many kinds of things, and even those that are there for Genius appointments are there for all kinds of things, many that aren't real issues but are just things that people want to do or don't know how to do. And those with issues with this or that, those kind of people where there with iPhones 5s/5c, and 5, and even earlier.

5. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

I have a Verizon 6 Plus. I've had minor hiccups, but nothing I couldn't do with the phone. I even have voice and data enabled, and have not suffered any dropped calls.

(I skipped 8.0.1 and went straight to 8.0.2.)

6. pish6969 macrumors regular

I think it depends on you area..if you have good LTE throughout you won't have any issues. I'm in NJ..certain areas drop right to 3g and that's where the problems are...I should have stated that in my post

7. nickdylan macrumors regular

People saying the iPhone 6 battery is poor? I find that pretty hard to believe it they switched from an earlier iPhone. If they switched from, like, an HTC One M8 or some massive Samsung phone with a 6000 mAh battery I could see that, but for me the battery performance on the iPhone 6 has been nearly first-in-class.

8. austriak macrumors regular

I have had the 6 since launch and have had zero problems. I also think the battery life is a little better than what I was getting on the 5s. Some people have legitimate complaints but I find that the majority of the time, it is due to user error.

9. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Same exact story as me. VZW 6 Plus, upgraded from 8 to 8.0.2 with VoLTE enabled like you. No dropped calls here in Southern California!

OP, my battery has been lasting me a full day of streaming and calling with no issues (I end with 14 hours of usage at the end of the day). Not bad and much better then my 5s which would get me about 7-8 hours on a full charge on a good day.

10. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Have had my iPhone 6 for a week now. Very. Solid. Device.

Well, aside the battery (may just be a setting, or that I contsantly pull out my phone and unlock it just to look at it :p) and from just iOS 8 problems. For some reason quick reply has been giving me grief lately. Pulling down on the banner sometimes causes the quick reply UI to come up, but no keyboard. Or the keyboard comes up, but won't work. Or the keyboard comes up in the wrong screen orientation. But in the event that this happens, I tap the upper "Banner" section again, type my message and send it, reboot device, and it works fine after.

But aside from those, really no huge complaints over here. Love my iPhone :D

11. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

My vote is people specifically in your area is the issue.

12. David126, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

David126 macrumors newbie

Not Sure if its the IOS, the IP6 or People

My 2 cents..I had to return my 6 after having WebKit issues, had it replaced and found a stuck pixel w the new one. I made an appt and went through "3" iPhone 6 replacements. Guess what? They all had dead pixels!! Whats up w quality Apple?? I'm very disappointed, I ended up keeping the original iPhone 6 w the one stuck pixel..

13. aggiesrwe03 macrumors regular

Yup no problems here on a 6+ battery life is fantastic compared to my 5s I charged it 2 sometimes 3 times a day, this one I make it from 0400-2000 before I hit the 20% warning, and I'm a constant user

14. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I've had my iPhone 6 Plus three weeks so far.

Battery life is amazing. Bottomless. I use it constantly thoughout the day for work -- still over 70% at the end of the day. I am in a good signal area with 4-5 bars of cell plus full wifi coverage, which helps of course. iPhone 5S, which I also thought had good battery life, would be dipping below 40%.

Phone hasn't rebooted or locked up. Screen is perfect. Phone this far is perfectly level with no bending at all.

A ton of my coworkers have also upgraded to 6's and 6 Pluses. No troubles with any of them.

15. RKO1195 macrumors newbie

Who ever is telling you this info is bad lol.. The battery on my 6 plus is awesome you can't kill it haha best battery ever and I'm on it all day, most trouble is with iOS 8 but I'm on 8.1 and its a lot better and it's live Monday so hopefully it will be even better then. I would go get one its just as good of a time now is any! If you can find one, I love my 6 plus