Not sure if this is appropriate

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by frog1999, Aug 6, 2010.

1. frog1999 macrumors newbie

Hello People

Many years ago I was a member of a part-time band and we recorded a CD. The songs are a little outdated nowadays but I was wondering if it's possible that anyone would be interested in perhaps doing a remix of one (or more) of the songs using more modern techniques. I don't really have any "prizes" or "rewards" to give for anyone who is interested, apart from the satisfaction of having done it.

If you want to have a listen to what the songs sound like, head over to http://www.diddyweb.com/frogpond/html/sounds.asp and listen to any of the songs under the album title "That's a Good Question". I have wave files of the original master tracks in 48Khz, 24-bit format taken directly from the master tapes so can provide the original recordings without a problem.

If anyone is interested, drop me a line and I'll give you the direct download link.

Thanks in advance.

David

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Ready for "Make me a Logo 2?" Here's what they ended up with :) [​IMG]

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Sell the lyrics of Hey Girl to Justin Bieber, you will make a fortune.

4. frog1999 thread starter macrumors newbie

:)
    Know how to contact his manager? :D

Just gotta get it in front of the right people and ya never know.. happened to a friend of mine in Brisbane a while back... I'm sure you've heard of "Get a haircut and get a real job" (George Thorogood).. my friend wrote the lyrics (although after a court case, it no longer says that, but I saw the original handwritten version, so I know the truth). Originally made a heap of money on it before the court case... but still..

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

IT definitely does look like a Justin Bieber song. :)

6. frog1999 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd never heard any of his songs.. bit out of the loop here in Taiwan... didn't know who he was until I did a Wiki search :)

Written several years before he was born, but maybe it would be appropriate... :D