not sure if to buy Ipad or not

Discussion in 'iPad' started by super michael, Jul 16, 2012.

1. super michael macrumors regular

The thing is I only used small portable things like Ipod touch 4gen and samsung galaxy ace, but I never used a Ipad.

I want to know what do people use the Ipad for? Do you member use the Ipad for home use only or do you use it in mall and hanging out?

How do you carry your Ipad, do you carry in a case or something? Do you buy a keyboard for the Ipad?

I want to know how members use their Ipad.

2. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Its an enjoyable device to use in bed or on the couch, good media consumption device and you can do quite a bit with it but with no file system the options are limited and doesnt make it a full fledged computer replacement unless all you do is play games and browse the internet.

Its poor for file manipulation/creation but good for everything else.

I have a keyboard but I find it kind of a pain to use because unlike a computer there are no keyboard shortcuts for quick access to functions nor can arrows be used or tab be used in navigation. Plus you cant use the keyboard and on screen keyboard on at the same time.

If you're looking for a productivity device a computer is a better option, for little games, social media, portability and mobile video a tablet isnt a bad option. If you are looking at the ipad as a device that has a completely different uses from a computer you will probably be disappointed. Yes there are unique different apps on tablets vs computers and yes the experience is different but at the current point and time one does not "need" a tablet and fits more as a toy rather than a necessary device.

Dont get me wrong I like my tablets but I definitely wouldn't die without it and when I want to do something quick or complex I will jump on the computer instead.

3. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

there are plenty of threads here about how people use their ipads, i suggest you read those.

the bigger question that you should be thinking about or providing more info is how you think you will be using yours. your get much more 'personalized' feedback that way.

i use mine as a ereader (80% of the time), browsing, RDP/VPN (for work), an occasion movie or show now and then.

4. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm I guess I use the Ipad for these things

Internet browsing
    games
    facebook
    watch movies/anime
    read manga

Are these good reasons to get an Ipad?

I would like to take it with me outside my house also.

5. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

I'd say that's more or less what I use my iPad for ... so, YES !