Not sure what happened ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tdust1, Jan 14, 2011.

1. tdust1 macrumors newbie

I've had my Macbook for almost 4 years...Macbook with 10.4 Tiger X (not really a software guru, so please forgive me)

I cut it off the other day and went to cut it back on and it wouldn't come on as it normally did... It was really slow and then I got just a blue screen for about 20 minutes... Then the grey screen popped up with the black X...

I get to the welcome screen that talks about registering and in just a few moments I can have a mac membership (what is this about-- I've had this for almsot 4 years) and it asks me about my location, but there's literally no options to choose from...

:To begin, choose your region and click continue...

Well that is as far as I can get... It has a little box that says "show all" but in the square where I would assume the regions would be it there's nothing to choose from-- and if I click the continue button, the spinwheel pops up and the page will not change from that location whatsoever.....

I don't have my startuo disk anymore either....

Any ideas of what this problem could be ? and how I could potentially go about solving it ?

:(

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Sounds like your HD may be going bad. You will need at least a system disk to do diagnostics. Alternative it to take it to Apple store.

3. tdust1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, old-wiz

Any idea where I can pick up a system disk ?

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

You can usually get replacement system disks from Apple for small fee.