Not Sure What is Going On With My Order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fazzl, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

I ordered my 32 GB iPhone 4 on June 15 at 4PM EST.

They deducted the $350 right away from my checking account (paid with debit card)

I just checked my checking today and that transaction is now gone 100% and my account has the amount it had before the 350 deduction.

my order status says not yet shipped yet and it looks ok.

I can't get into contact with apple so not sure what is going on...

[​IMG]

2. muledogus macrumors 6502

It may have been a temporary hold to make sure you had the money. They shouldn't actually charge you until the phone is shipped. Mine, on a credit card is just sitting as a pending charge.

3. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Everyone that paid with debit had the full price taken out at pre-order and then possibly some $1 charges. ALL these people, including me, got the money BACK temporarily. This is because Apple cannot have the funds on hold for a certain amount of time decided by the bank.

Everybody's order will eventually turn to "Prepared to ship."
    Just be patient.
    Everything is fine with your order.

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Your order is fine. We are all in the same boat.

The confusion is that none of us were charged, which we weren't supposed to nor will we be until the item ships.

Apple/ATT Verified that we have the funds in our accounts, they didn't charge us. Verifications / Pre-Auths expire in 72 hours.

5. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

depending on your bank they will release holds that have not been completed after three business

6. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

ok makes sense. thanks guys. was getting worried for a second here because i did change my shipping address after the order went through...

7. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

It's called a pre authorization it's just a check to see that you have the funds then drops off after X amount of time X=every bank has a different time frame.
    And couldn't you have put this in any of the 100 other threads on the same subject.

8. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I changed my address as well and mine just switched to prepared about an hour ago so don't sweat it.