Not sure what is wrong with my MAC...not a common problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ajeanius, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Ajeanius macrumors newbie

HI everyone I am new at this and just recently signed up for this forum. Hopefully you guys can help me out before I make a decision. Ok here it goes I have a macbook pro 2.4ghz that I've bought June or July of last year and no I didnt get a chance to buy the APPLE CARE(STUPID of me). So now ever since after my warranty was up I get problems here and there where it seems to be resolved by itself. But not until today for some reason my MAC stays on sleep mode and doesnt want to wake up. The display turns on and turns back off. I took it to the GENIUS bar at apple and they say that it has something to do with the sleep mode wire located near the bottom left side of the mouse being bad. To repair it itll cost me 300 so now I ask if they recommend any store or shop to get it looked at. SO I went to this store in San Francisco, CA MACmedic told them the problem and they told me it is not the wire thats broken it has something to do with my NVIDIA being bad and to call APPLE CARE and basically beg or explain what happened and hopefully they will pay for it.

Sorry for the long explanation but I dont know what to do from here. CAN SOME PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT SHOULD I DO???

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There's a repair extension program for graphics card issues on affected machines, and yours at least appears to be one of the models that could be affected. If you can convince the Genius Bar folks that the graphics card is the problem, it should be covered.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2377

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

nVidia is the maker of the video card. They are known to be defective.