not sure what to do about my 7+ is it bugs or something else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steve knight, Sep 27, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I have some issues with it and I want to know how to go about it because it I need a new placement phone I will loose this months bus pass as it can't be transferred again. not sure if I restore will cause me to loose it but if so its about 70.00 in the trash.
    I usually don't have any issues with new iPhones but something is going on. I did a restore from my 6s+ and I have had some issues and I don't know if it is bugs or worse. airdrop won't show my mini or my iPad pro and I checked the settings and tried everything suggested and it is on everyone. my wife just got her 7s and it shows all my stuff fine. I have two pair of jaybirds bluetooth earbuds and they have been fine on my samsung and 6s+ some glitches but nothing unusual but I get dropouts sometimes for 30 seconds sometimes just one little bit or when I am playing a game or such. the dropouts are just little bits of missing soul a few or a lot on both headsets. I have ask to join networks off but as I go on the bus it keeps connecting to random wifi spots and gives me a security warnings as they are unsecured wifi spots. the airdrop and bluetooth glitches are the only things that really a problem.

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Honestly, I don't know where to start with your issues. If it were me, I would send it back for a replacement. Start over. It seems You have a lot going on, it sounds software related in some instances.

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is strange I tried to pair it with my mini see if that would help and I get the device is incompatible after making sure the codes match. but if I do I may wait till my bus pass expires so I don't lose it. I lost it once when I went from one samsung to another in the same month. Never had to return a phone right away.
    Hate the way they have the bus pass app setup if you have to take your tickets off more then once on the one your using it's gone.
    apple will want me to try resetting it before I bring it it in thats one reason I am asking. plus it takes about 15 hours to re download alley audio books from audible and my kindle books so it's a real hassle to do a restore if I don't have too.

4. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

well after finding audible would not play my books synced from iTunes it shows them but it will not play. I deleted and reinstalled it (that took off all my books arrg) I decided to just restore my phone first I made it a new phone checked out airdrop and it worked so I restored it and and airdrop still worked. this morning I was still getting glitches in playback but not as bad as it was. it is worse if I am playing a game with sound I get the glitches with podcasts too though not quite as bad. so far playing through the speaker seems to be glitch free.
    it still tried to latch onto a wifi signal.
    no glitches on speakers so I guess it is time to take it to apple? man cost me a buss pass.

5. karebare518 macrumors member

I'm having the same issues with my Bluetooth headphones on my 7 plus. They both worked fine on my 6s plus. The audio keeps glitching or dropping out. Works fine when playing with wired headphones or through the speakers. Don't know if I should exchange or wait for a software update

6. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Ok here is what I found I played through the iPhone speaker all is fine. but now my audio is pretty much glitch free. i hear a glitch now and again but no big deal. so it only cost me about 70.00 in bus fair