Not sure what to do...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by proud2bcanadian, Dec 27, 2010.

1. proud2bcanadian macrumors newbie

I just bought an iPhone4 and got it setup. My old SIM is deactivated in my old 3g. I jailbroke and updated my baseband to 6.15.00 (this is all for my 3g). Now in using Cydia, I don't have any Wifi or internet connection and so I can't get the unlocking source added and downloaded. I used Redsnow for everything and have 4.1.2 installed. I have no clue what to do next as I've never done this before!

I've read I can use a SIM that is currently activated but only have the one for my iPhone4 which will not fit.

Thanks for any help!!

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Option:

1) Buy sim adapter so you can fit IP4 micro sim into 3G.

2) Tethered 3G to IP4. That why have internet access on 3G.

3. proud2bcanadian thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply!
    So I do need a SIM card? I will look into the micro sim adapters then.
    Also, once I use it in the 3g and download the program from Cydia, then will my Wifi start working once the phone is unlocked?

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Unlocking allows you use other carrier's network. Separate from using wifi. Originally, I thought you meant you didn't have service or access to wifit hotspot. Does your IP4 have wifi? If yes, wifi chip on 3G may be bad. You can try the usually resetting network option on the phone or restoring the phone again.

5. proud2bcanadian thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, my IP4 has Wifi, and I just tried resetting the network settings on my 3g with no luck. It recognizes the one and only network that is in range, the same one my IP4 recognizes and connects to. When I type in the network key, it tells me that it is unable to connect. I'm going to check the firewall settings but I doubt they're what's causing the problem as all other smart phones and computers in the house aren't having problems.