Not sure what to do.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zackkmac, Nov 25, 2012.

  1. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2008
    Location:
    Tulsa
    #1
    Hey everyone!

    After looking around online on Black Friday, I came across a brand new rMBP that was sealed and had top specs (2.7/16/768) for $3350 total. I bought it to either keep or resell and now I'm not sure which to do.

    My question to you guys is how much of a difference do you think I'm looking at paying to keep the rMBP if I sold my 17"? It is an early 2011 model with a 2.2GHz i7 processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, AppleCare until 4/2014, and I'd include an optical bay kit (with the original 750GB HD), all original accessories, the 4GB RAM it came with, and a USB 3.0 card for the expansion slot.

    Another issue I have, though, is that if I open the rMBP, I can't really sell it as "new" right? I was wanting to check and see which screen it had as part of deciding what to do.

    Your help is appreciated. :)
     
  2. zainiak macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2012
    #2
    looking only at specs, you pretty much won't notice anything. The mail difference is the retina display. If you have good/ok eyesight, you will fall in love with the retina. I always notice the difference when i use a different computer. Pixels look huge afterwards!
     
  3. zackkmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2008
    Location:
    Tulsa
    #3
    I am definitely a fan of the screen. I had two before but the one with the perfect Samsung screen didn't fit my needs (256GB was too small) and the one with the perfect specs (2.7/16/512) had a really bad LG screen.

    I was going to stick with this 17" for a while but after getting a fantastic deal on a new rMBP of about 20% off, I am not sure what to do with it.
     

Share This Page