Not sure what's happening with messages

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shawnjcullen, Apr 27, 2015.

1. shawnjcullen macrumors member

Loving the watch as you will know from other posts.

However, suddenly when I try sending message from "friends" wheel, the watch keeps trying to send but ultimately says Send Failure. This, despite the fact the message is actually sent (it's in my messages on my iPhone and friends are responding saying they have received the message!)

Any ideas? Is it happening with anyone else?

Shawn

2. tivoboy macrumors 68030

same

I'm having the same issue, and it also seems to be trying to send as SMS when all these people are on iMessage. It never sends from the watch, shows failure, but it appears to be on the phone (and shows GREEN not Blue), but I get send failures on the watch.

3. hipnotizer macrumors regular

Same issue here! can't get it to work. I have tried everything.

----------

Fixed it. Go into messages in settings and turn on SMS messaging. It seems to be working perfectly now!

4. tivoboy macrumors 68030

a bit of a fix

So, I disabled imessage on the phone, rebooted, re-enabled imessage on the phone, rebooted the watch, now it SEEMS to be working.

at least I can iMessage with people again from the watch, and I get notifications. I can send again and then SEND and I'm not getting message failures. And I can still send SMS to people who have crap phones that only DO SMS.