Hello. I am a new member here and am definitely not a hard core computer user. I only do basic open office documents, surf the web, and my kids have a few educational programs they use regularly, such as Rosetta Stone. I also use iPhoto extensively but overall my computer usage is really basic. My (white) 2009 MB is on its way out and I need to replace it. It was my first introduction to Apple and I'm sold. I love the reliability of the product as well as the ease of use and have no desire to go back to a PC. However, my MB is having issues and I no longer want to put any more money into it. I'd say it works about 90% of the time. The other 10% I have trackpad issues as well as issues getting it to charge properly. When it works it works fabulous (although it is getting a tad sluggish at times), but when it doesn't I'm ripping my hair out. I can't run the risk of it dying on me completely as my children need it for their school work. I've dreamed of getting a 27" iMac for years and finally broke down and bought one this week. I qualified for both the $100 educator discount as well as the $100 gift card for the app store, which made the decision to buy new ($1499 end cost) versus refurb ($1419) an easier one. That said, I had no idea that there had not been a release since May 2011 and further searching has led me here and other places to read that there is the possibility of a refresh in the next couple of months. Initially I was quite displeased to have paid the same for a computer that people have been purchasing for the last 18months. I know I will get the educator discount on the new models, should they come out, but if I return my (unopened) iMac I will lose my $100 app store card. An even bigger concern of mine is if I return it, the new releases will have increased in price. I realize everything is speculation at this point, but is it expected that there will be an entry level 27"? Does Apple typically raise the prices of their computers with each release or do the prices remain (fairly) constant? I'm trying to sort through all the technical stuff, and I'll be honest, a lot of it is lost on me . I know the current 27" is far more than I need but I'm also aware that I won't be spending money to upgrade for a good 4-5 years so I'd rather get the most up to date. I've waited so long to get this computer that I know I'll feel very disappointed if I miss a new model by a few weeks. But, I don't know if it's worth losing the $100 gift card and the risk that the new models will be released at a higher price point. I don't even know if the new releases would even make a difference to such a low end user such as myself but it's hard to resist the latest and greatest sometimes. Does anybody have any words of wisdom you'd be willing to share with me? Thank you.