iOS Not sure where to ask this - Putting a disclaimer in an App

Flipadelphia

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
I am on a team that is currently working on an app for our company.

We want to put some sort of disclaimer in the app protecting our copyrighted materials etc.

We also are not sure if there is any other information we may be required to include?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Disclaimers can be pretty generic and found online. At the very least, use a generic, widely used, disclaimer. As for what else to put in it, that is hard to say. What kind of protection do you want to offer your organization? Do you have legal counsel? Can they assist?

Flipadelphia

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Disclaimers can be pretty generic and found online. At the very least, use a generic, widely used, disclaimer. As for what else to put in it, that is hard to say. What kind of protection do you want to offer your organization? Do you have legal counsel? Can they assist?
we do, but no real experience with mobile apps.

Our app includes a web service, do we need to put something in there, that our app would be accessing the phone's data plan when wifi isn't available?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
we do, but no real experience with mobile apps.

Our app includes a web service, do we need to put something in there, that our app would be accessing the phone's data plan when wifi isn't available?
Oh hell yeah. And don't worry ... Apple would catch that, or I hope they would. You really need to cover every base. If there is anything in there that you want to protect yourself from then stick it in there and if you're serious, you'll make sure counsel takes a look. If you think that the damage caused by not providing some disclaimer then don't bother, but something tells me if you're concerned about a disclaimer then you have something to protect, you see?

forum user

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
In ITC, on the page where you enter the app description scroll all the way down and find the EULA section. There is a link to the " minimum terms" it must meet.