Not sure where to ask this - Putting a disclaimer in an App

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Flipadelphia, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Flipadelphia macrumors member

I am on a team that is currently working on an app for our company.

We want to put some sort of disclaimer in the app protecting our copyrighted materials etc.

We also are not sure if there is any other information we may be required to include?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Disclaimers can be pretty generic and found online. At the very least, use a generic, widely used, disclaimer. As for what else to put in it, that is hard to say. What kind of protection do you want to offer your organization? Do you have legal counsel? Can they assist?

3. Flipadelphia thread starter macrumors member

we do, but no real experience with mobile apps.

Our app includes a web service, do we need to put something in there, that our app would be accessing the phone's data plan when wifi isn't available?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh hell yeah. And don't worry ... Apple would catch that, or I hope they would. You really need to cover every base. If there is anything in there that you want to protect yourself from then stick it in there and if you're serious, you'll make sure counsel takes a look. If you think that the damage caused by not providing some disclaimer then don't bother, but something tells me if you're concerned about a disclaimer then you have something to protect, you see?

5. tagy macrumors regular

No, not in my experience.

6. forum user macrumors regular

In ITC, on the page where you enter the app description scroll all the way down and find the EULA section. There is a link to the " minimum terms" it must meet.