Not that this isn't the best forum but...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by andyjamesnelson, Sep 4, 2008.

1. andyjamesnelson macrumors 6502

Hey I was just wondering if people used other more dedicated web forums for mac users?

If you have any suggestions of forums that are useful please let me know.

Also I really do love this forum so this ain't a dis in any sense. Andy

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

There are forums that are more dedicated to Macs than this one? I thought this was a Mac forum ...

3. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

For help with HTML, CSS and JavaScript, the HTML forum at javaranch.com is a Mac-friendly place.

If it's PHP you're after, not so much (it is a Java forum site, after all).

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Or did you mean webmaster forums for mac users?

5. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

I kinda wish there was a sub-forum called "iWeb Web Development & Design" but that's just me. Maybe the OP feels this forum is too diverse, even though the overall forum is Mac, we all talk about non-platform specific code and design techniques and issues. Know what I mean?

I feel the iWeb stuff is unique and proprietary, hence the suggestion.

Just my .02

-jim

6. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

I second this.

7. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I'd third it except that this forum doesn't have a huge amount of traffic in it as is, so creating a sub-forum for it would make this forum look even more sparse. Though, I've definitely noticed a dramatic increase in iWeb related questions in the last 6 months or so.

As for the original question, I haven't seen any better Mac forums (Apple forums are pretty good sometimes though). There are probably some better web design related forums, but mac-specific web forums I'm not so sure about. I don't have a ton of time so I spend all my time here. I rarely even venture into the other forums at MacRumors because I don't have the time.

8. andyjamesnelson thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah good points - time is an issue. Also it nice to see the same people posting. Adds to the community feeling. After all this is a dope forum. Andy

9. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

I agree. I have really enjoyed getting know some of you guys here. The advice and critiques have been invaluable. It's neat that it has a familiarity to it.