Not the normal Macbook Vs. MBP Thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by justaphone, Jun 28, 2007.

  1. justaphone macrumors member

    Jun 17, 2007

    I am new to Mac and to the 'rumors forum.

    I need help. I am on day 20 of my MBP ordering process. I ordered my first MBP online (SR CTO 2.2 160gb 5400). It had the yellowing and a dead pixel. I sent it back.... Now I am still waiting for my replacement.

    Let me preface- BOTTOM Line: Im an scared to death that I will end up with almost a month of waiting and get another bad unit...

    Of course... While waiting, I have had some time to think- I called CS today regarding a shipping address (I have been out of town- in the event my replacement ever shipped- please be advised that they are not in a hurry to replace defective equipment). I'm rmabling, I know... Anyway, the CS guy took fooooooorever to change the address. In my frustration I asked about a refund versus exchange (not thinking it was possible due to the CTO) he said he could cancel the exchange and the refund would follow in 2-3 days.

    So, I thought...Call the store, see if they have one in stock and cancel the online KRAP! (I could live without the 160gb upgrade to avoid the headache). No such luck. No 2.2 to be had and only a handful of matte 2.4s (i am partial to the glossy). Arghhh. Out of curiosity I asked about the Blackbook... Oh, yes they said. We have a ton of those! Arrrrggghhhh!

    No in store exchange for MBP...

    On to my next brainstorm. Cancel the MBP. By a Blackbook and leave a little extra cash to get an iPhone?

    What do you guys think? Now I see an MBP update?

    What would you do?

  2. samh004 macrumors 68020


    Mar 1, 2004
    The MB vs. MBP dilemma really hinges on one question. What will you be using your computer for (what will you be running on it) ?

    If the answer is games, a MB wont suffice for you, the integrated graphics just can't handle games that well.
  3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040


    May 16, 2006
    Central Florida!
  4. SteveM8 macrumors member

    Jun 13, 2007
    I have a MBP 2.4 and latest MB

    I would go with the macbook and Iphone if you cant do the MBP and Iphone. I went through FOUR 2.4 MBP's before getting a 100% absolutely perfect one and I LOVE IT. I maxed out the ram to 4GB and it comes in handy when I have several 10MP images open.

    BUT my wifes new macbook seems just as fast, just not for games. Also, the display on the MB is not as good, but its still great.

    Im getting my Iphone tomorrow but if I didnt have the $$ for it and had to choose between a MBP or a MB and Phone, Id do the MB and phone no doubt.

    The black macbook is pretty sweet.
  5. justaphone thread starter macrumors member

    Jun 17, 2007
    Still not sure...

    I loved the MBP. Smooth, metal feel... But to be honest, I think that I really got it on impulse. I was originally looking at the blackbook right around the SR updates came out and thought- what the heck and opted for the MBP. I have no real need for the higher graphics...

Share This Page