Not the usual iPhone startup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tara Luvs Apple, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Last night I was using my iPhone fine and with no problems. I turned it off before I went to bed, and then when I woke up this morning, I turned it on. After a few moments, the screen displayed for me to plug my iPhone into iTunes and I could make an emergency call if I needed to. So I plugged it into iTunes and when it appeared in iTunes, a message came onto my phone that said "iPhone is activated". I have no idea why it would prompt me to do this. I have had my iPhone since the day it came out in July of this year without any problems (like this not happening) and it is not jailbroken/unlocked.

2. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

3. Tara Luvs Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, I updated it the day the update came out and this is the first time I have had this happen.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Sounds like the phone is resetting itself somehow. I would take it back and get it exchanged.

5. Tara Luvs Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why should I get it exchanged if it was the first time it has happened and everything on my phone was still there (meaning nothing was wiped out)?

6. b00st3d macrumors member

b00st3d

i would chalk it up to a glitch...and if you havent already noticed, the iphone is full of them!! hehehe

7. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

That happened to me a week ago or something but it hasnt done it since and my iPhone hasnt caused any problems so i just ignored it....restore if your that worried about it but you should be fine