Not the usual Mac maintenance question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by martosprint, Feb 28, 2015.

1. martosprint macrumors 6502

Years ago when I got my first Mac/iMac computer I remember reading how the Macs perform a maintenance check on the computer between the hours of 3 to 5 in the morning. I haven't read anything about it now for a few years. Does it still do it's thing in those early morning hours? I am sure many of you remember reading about that back then. Just curious if it still does that.
    thanks for a reply

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it still does. There are maintenance scripts that run on a daily, weekly and monthly schedule. If your Mac is in sleep mode at the scheduled time, the scripts will run the next time your Mac is awake. If your Mac is shut down at the scheduled time, the scripts won't run until the next scheduled time. If your Mac is always shut down at those times, the scripts will never run, unless you manually run them or change the default schedule. You can check the last time the scripts were run or manually run the scripts using the Maintidgit widget.

3. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi thanks for the reply. The reason I asked was I always used to read about it quite often years ago and then the past 8 years ago or so I never saw that information mentioned again in forums.
    Thanks again for the reply GGJstudios.