Not to be annoying...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pellebee, Jan 21, 2010.

1. pellebee macrumors member

But I just wanted to get my thoughts out there...

I know everyone's biting their nails over the 27jan media event. And the most I am reading is about a new product (ipad, tablet, bla bla) or iphone updates. But if apple leaves out updating the macbook-pro this time, It will just be upsetting...

I feel they aren't concentrating on the macbook-pro anymore even though it's one of the top sellers and top money makers.

There have been so many flaws with the last two versions, let's hope for a great update, Im hoping more for a better processor, DVD/CD drive design, superdrive etc..

just sayin'

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What flaws? For most people the MBP is just fine and any haranguing over spec updates is ultimately meaningless because it wont make a difference in their experience either way. The complaints that are more legitimate- expresscard slot, eSata, blah blah blah- aren't likely to happen anyways.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Apple does not need a public event to update their notebook line, they can just do it quietly on their website any Tuesday they like. They did it before and they will do again.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Huh? There's no flaws with the last two revisions. I'm very happy with my MBP and based on threads here, the majority of folks are too. Of course people want a better processor but intel had not released the arrandale chipset until recently, so the last two revisions didn't have that to use.

I also think apple will update the MBP at some point soon and it will include the arrandale processor as well. I don't expect the design to change, the unibody look is awesome so many people love the look and its a new design. Just consider how long apple used the prior design. Its basically the same design from the G4 powerbook. Look at the MacPro enclosure that has not changes since the G5 was introduced.

I don't expect any changes to the superdrive, i.e., blu-ray either.

5. johnnj macrumors 6502a

While I really love my laptop (March '09 2.66 15"), if I was looking for a laptop today and I wasn't already dedicated to the OSX way of life, I'd probably end up with a Sony. I saw an off the shelf one at Best Buy last night with an i7 proc, 6 gigs DDR3, powerhouse GPU, and a nice 16" screen. All this for under $1400.

I think that The MBP line is due for a refresh given the fact that i5/i7 based PC laptops are already in people's hands.

Are the current MBPs flawed? Well no, not if you overlook the EFI 1.7 problems with some 3rd party SSDs. They are, however, behind the curve on what's available across the street in the PC world.

That said, I'm not going to replace my current machine with a new one for at least another year. Why? Because it does what I need it to do and it does a damn good job of it.

Just my opinion...

John

6. pellebee thread starter macrumors member

wow, well from all ive read on this forum there are some flaws.

And im just making a statement, i didn't ask for the tude, keep it real.

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Then what flaws are you talking about?

Every product has flaws btw, but they don't show in every machine.
    That's simply one of the side effects of mass producing such complicated machines.

8. Spandexman macrumors regular

What 'tude? People have been remarkably civil. The reason you're reading so much about the tablet is because Apple want you to. They want everyone to! This is probably the highest risk item they've released since the ipod. There's no established market for this type of item, so Apple will try and create one, and step one is to make sure people are taking about it. That explains the prevalence of talk about the new tablet, and they just don't want to dilute the rumours with talk about new laptops which probably won't have anything too groundbreaking.

9. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I'm still waiting to hear about these flaws.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well you drop a bomb about flaws without providing any specifics or backing it up with any supporting statement. We're keeping it real by asking you for the flaws. You thought enough of your thread to put down the MBP why not tell us what flaws that you see.

11. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

I also think that the word "flaw" is too much. Some UMBPs owners do have some issues but I believe this is just I minor percentage. Electronics are sensitive components so it just doesn't work all the time. Plus, you hear more people who are not happy that people that are happy which gives an impression of "flaws".

cheers ;)
    Tex

12. old-wiz macrumors G3

A lot of the reason you see posts about flaws is that's what people tend to post about cause they need help. People with no issues don't open threads that say "My MBP runs fine" or "My iMac screen is beautiful."

13. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

I beg to differ. Given the recent MBP makeover, I'd say Apple has concentrated on the MBP for quite some time. In the event that Apple announces no updates, I wouldn't be disappointed, in the least bit. The last update was in June...

Habitus :apple:

14. johnnj macrumors 6502a

My MBP runs fine!!!

:)

15. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

What?

16. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Мукешсфд (ups), I mean vertical slots are preferred nowadays anyway, so why does the MBP not have one. And really, why only have a superdrive when you can have a hyperdrive?

Me thinks, the OP does not wanna be specific anymore, and my first thought was, maybe s/he is talking about the 27" iMac. But will we ever know?

17. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

:D I'd take a hyperdrive, though as I recall, the heavily modded Millennium Falcon voided the Apple care warranty.

18. caravanpikey macrumors newbie

19. coast1ja macrumors 6502

your musings don't make sense. Why would Apple update the MBP when the 13" is the best selling Mac Laptop??? It wouldn't make sense to change a good thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there isn't an update yet.

20. John Kotches macrumors 6502

Personally, I just wanna reach ludicrous speed so that I can escape the clutches of Dark Helmet ;-)

21. Mister9 macrumors regular

'Not to be annoying' but don't they generally have a public event when they change CPUs/Architecture? Especially when it's their flagship? I mean they even had an event for updating the iPods... And don't they do the 'quiet' speed bumps to things already on the market (i.e. overclocking)?

22. vant macrumors 65816

Sorry but your post is annoying. You mention that the current MBP flaws, yet you don't point out any. You mention that Apple doesn't update the MBP anymore, but yet you fail to point out what you want other than bluray and processor speeds.

Sorry about the 'tude', but your post is a waste.

23. offwidafairies macrumors 6502a

offwidafairies

June was a while ago.