Not trading phone in question?

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I owe $434 on my iPhone 7 Plus. I’m eligible to upgrade. With that said, I don’t want to upgrade. I want to receive my iPhone X when I get it then pay off my iPhone 7 and unlock it and sell it. With that said, will I still be able to get the iPhone X through the Apple app under att without replacing my iPhone 7 because it’s not paid? If It does let me, will it be a new line or can I keep my current one?

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I’m eligible to upgrade now. I still have the remaining balance though. But I’d rather keep the phone and sell it. Can I just upgrade as in I was trading in the phone but pay it off in like a few days from now and not trade it in?

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
I’m eligible to upgrade now. I still have the remaining balance though. But I’d rather keep the phone and sell it. Can I just upgrade as in I was trading in the phone but pay it off in like a few days from now and not trade it in?
You can either trade it in, or pay off balance.

SRLMJ23

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
You can upgrade to the iPhone X tonight, and then once you receive the iPhone X you have 14 days to return the iPhone 7 Plus to AT&T or they will add that $434.00 to your next bill. So yes, you should be able to do what you want.

:apple:

Ghost31

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2015
I may be crazy here but I think you should pay off your phone before getting a new phone