Not understanding how to install themes :/

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SnowBlur, Dec 6, 2010.

1. SnowBlur macrumors newbie

So i've basically been reading up on this all morning, tried a lot of things and none of which work. I have an iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 and Cydia, WinterBoard, and all that. I tried to connect my phone via SSH but when I go into "library", the "themes" directory isn't there; I had to make one myself. I tested it by downloading a theme and uploading the whole "x.theme" folder into it, but when I go to find it on winterboard it won't show up on the list of themes. I tried to respring it and everything.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, I initially only wanted to change some home screen icons to some nice custom ones I found but it seems pretty complicated. Any help would be nice!

2. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

ok...lets do it step by step...

1. Go into Cydia
    2. Use the magnifying glass search to find Black HD theme
    3. press the Install button and then the Confirm button

Cydia will do its thing...and you'll see Reloading data appear on your phone.

4. Press the Return to Cydia bar a the bottom of the screen when it appears

5. Start up Winterboard (make sure Summerboard is ON) and press Select Themes

6. you should now see BLACK HD in Winterboard.
    7. now TOUCH the words Black HD on your screen and a check mark should appear.
    8. Press the Winterboard button in the top right of your screen and then Press the RESPRING button.

after a few seconds your iphone will now have that theme installed

Let me know how it is going.

Once we know this basic piece is working we'll move onto the next level of complexity: SSH and theme manipulation.

3. SnowBlur thread starter macrumors newbie

4. SeaChange macrumors regular

It will take a lot more work than that if you want all your icons to match though...:(

5. SnowBlur thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha probably not all, I only have the default usual SMS, Phone, Calender...and all those. I guess I won't mind too much with the other ones :)