Not upgrade ready around new phone release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gix1k, Mar 1, 2010.

  1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

    Gix1k

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    #1
    Both of my lines are not upgrade ready until Octoberish....This screws me when the new phone comes out...I'll have to pay full price won't I?
     
  2. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
    #2
    Offset significantly by selling your old phone on eBay. Also, AT&T does typically offer an early upgrade break, not a full upgrade price, but less than full price.
     
  3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #3
    Yes. There's this really weird thing that happens when you enter into a two year contract with AT&T. They expect you to actually live out most, if not all, of that contract. I know, how seriously screwed up of them to actually have the audacity to make you do this.

    You could have done one of two things. You could have not upgraded if you were using the 3G already (that's the camp I am in), you could pay full price and sell your phone to offset much of the out of contract pricing difference, or you can wait until October. The fact that you can upgrade in October 2010 is not even that bad. You can wait to see what the 4th gen brings, problems or otherwise and then upgrade.
     
  4. viggen61 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2002
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #4
    Seriously?

    Is skipping a three month wait worth the extra $400 or so you'll end up paying, just to get it on Day One? iPhones are pricy enough. Think of how many apps you could buy if you just waited the three months...

    It's not like Apple will go out of business in that time frame, and you'll be stuck with your current iPhone forever...

    :apple::apple:
     
  5. polotska macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
  6. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

    Gix1k

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    #6
    No way! I must have the new iPhone ordered the very first day it's available to me. Just gotta upgrade. I think I will sell my phone and offset the cost like mentioned earlier.
     
  7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #7
    I know, bad AT&T :D
    They actually expect you to wait 18 months untill you can sign a new 2 year aggreement with them just like every other US wireless provider. Unbelievable.....
     
  8. -aggie- macrumors P6

    -aggie-

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2009
    Location:
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    #8
    Those bastards!! :) VZW would never do this. :rolleyes:
     
  9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #9
    Nope, they would just charge you a $350 ETF if you threaten to leave them :D
     
  10. FoxMcWeezer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2009
    #10
    Look out for the special guy. He's the only one who wants the new iPhone on release day. Make way for the original, one-of-a-kind guy.
     
  11. labman macrumors 604

    labman

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    Mich near Detroit
    #11
    Wow

    my upgrade isn't till November so what! honestly that's still 6 months early. you signed a 2 year contract! not you get a Iphone every time the new one comes out. I can already see another one of those twitter petitions getting started again. this is the stuff that makes me hate new iphone releases!
     

Share This Page