Not very bright business criminals

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mscriv, Dec 17, 2009.

1. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Seriously, I don't know how some people think they will get away with this stuff. :rolleyes:

LINK

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, Bernie Madoff had a great run. So he gets to spend the rest of his life incarcerated. Did anyone ask him if he thought it was worth it?

3. MacVixen macrumors 6502

So for the telecommunications company - I'd love an explanation as to how they managed to pay this guy a salary for over 5 years with nobody catching on. No timecards I presume, but dang - financial/personnel reports for a manager to review? Nobody ever said "Who the hell is this? And why are we paying him a 6-figure salary?!" :confused:

4. Queso macrumors G4

Some very successful companies I've done work have made the same mistake, often multiple times. There is one in particular I audited where people had left and years later their system accounts and security passes to the campus were still active. One or two of the leavers were also continuing to receive salary and pension contributions, just because everybody assumed someone else would tell Accounts they'd gone :rolleyes:

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I know it's not an excuse, but it's hard to keep track 20,000 employees. Their revenue was $5 Billion in 2006, they are not exactly counting pennies.