Not your average "won't charge" issue. (Please guess)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rehmsmeyer, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Rehmsmeyer macrumors newbie

My battery was low one day (20%), so I plugged it into my computer. 20 minutes later when I checked up on it it was completely dead. As I go to turn it on it will only bring up the red battery symbol and lightning bolt. Hard reset and it is back to the same symbol, only 5 minutes later a double, blurred apple symbol appears (two overlapping apple symbols). It continues to sit like this and sometimes after will go to a strange orange/red/pink/yellow screen.

My question is would replacing the battery completely more than likely fix it? I took it to apple store and when they tried hard resetting it nothing happened so I just got an iPhone 4s. When I went home ad tried it again out of curiosity it did what I saw it do earlier.

Please, any advice on whether or not it is just probably a defective battery or what else could be defective?

2. Jamkas macrumors member

You should try an restore and start it as a new iPhone if that doesn't work I'd say you should grab a new battery and put it in if its worth it to you.