All iPads Notability - what I am doing wrong ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DJTaurus, Nov 11, 2014.

1. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

I see people using notability and adonit/bamboo pens for taking notes in university. I purchased an adonit pen (joy) and tried to write sth. I used zoom function for more accuracy. First of all even in zoom function it is very difficult to write for example a letter on a paper with lines. The pen lags and you have to be an artist in order to write some decent letters. Also even when you select an area to not be touched when you lay your hand on it most of the times ios senses it like the 4 fingers gesture... What I am doing wrong ?

2. Kroner macrumors regular

Kroner

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

4. matraco macrumors regular

I dont have any of the problems you mention, even with multitasking gestures enabled. I have the lastest version of the app, and use a fiber stylus on a mini 2.

5. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I don't have those problems. I use a microfiber stylus, and my handwriting is pretty terrible on paper, so it is still terrible in the app, but I can read it lol
    I don't encounter any lagging. it is pretty straightforward for me.
    I am using an Retina iPad Mini. if you have a slower processor with and older device, that may be the reason. You didn't mention the device you were using. I also have it loaded on an iPad Air, and I get the same results as I do with my mini.