Note 3 woes.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Ev0d3vil, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

Is anyone having sensor issues with the latest KitKat update? Like the auto rotate function just doesn't seem to work and now my barometer has stopped working.

2. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

My proximity sensor is all over the place. When i'm on the phone the screen often lights up for no reason and I end up dialing numbers with my cheek

3. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

My proximity sensor on my note 3 used to go crazy before I sold it. Could sometimes be fixed by spraying air into the top speaker grill.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Note 3 woes.

My Note 3 sensor occasionally used to get confused - seemingly thinking the phone was near my ear when I was looking direct at it and it refused to show the screen - a quick tap of power button used to bring it back, but this was with Jellybean.

5. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Note 3 woes.

Same thing used to happen with my Note 3.

OP, a good blast of air will get the gunk out

6. rhinosrcool, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015

rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

On my Note 3, both my proximity sensor and auto rotate work very well. As for the barometer, I downloaded Holo Ambient Temperature and it works fine.

7. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

Same here. One of the major reasons why I ditched it. It wasn't near the phone as the Note 2.