Note 5 Root Question

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by whoknows87, Dec 14, 2015.

1. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

Is there a way to root the Note 5 ( T-Mobile) variant without tripping knox? also does Xposed work on Note 5 I've browsed around a few sites but didn't find anything useful an answer would be great if someone knows

2. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

I don't think there is a way to root the N5 without tripping the Knox fuse.
    More info is here.....
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-galaxy-note5/general

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Just root it and forget about Knox. I rooted my Note 4 and Note Edge a month after buying and never regretted it.

4. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

Are you using Xposed as well? if you could pass me the info/steps on rooting the note 5 that would be great it's a little different with Samsung I've owned Nexus and OPO before and they were a breeze to root

Thanks

5. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I have my Note 5 Rooted (You can't not trip Knox, but if you're worried about T-Mobile, they won't care), and you can install Xposed, but you have to install a custom version of Xposed, because of the changes in the ROM by Samsung.

Rooting the Note 5 isn't too difficult. You need to download the recovery tool Odin (requires Windows), and a custom recovery (I recommend TWRP, you need the Note 5 GSM version of the file (noblelte)). There are guides on XDA that tell you how. It seems intimidating but it's not bad.

6. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

For those who have rooted, how's the performance?