Note 7 Units are Re-Packaged Old Exploding Units

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by TheRealAlex, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Correction they are the less explodey flavor. What I am sayin is that I suspected this as soon as I saw the Old Launch box vs the New Safe Non Exploding Note 7 cheap repackaged box. All you need to do is watch some YouTube Unboxing Videos for that.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/05/replacement-samsung-galaxy-note-7-smoking-southwest-flight/

Now above The New batch which is not a new batch At All they are the same production run models as the Explosive production Run are having the same critical battery failure. Aka Explosion. I just needed to post this separate because I see so many good people in the Note 7 thread really thinking they have new safe devices they are the same old ones just Repacakaged. FYI they are not used that would be too obvious just not went into circulation.

Yesterday, thankfully after Showing Sprint that Article I was fed up and dropping them They fully Refunded my Note 7, and Coroprate Executive CS after emailing the CEOs office is sending me a IPhone 7 Plus as a gesture of good will to stay with them 10 year long customer.

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

What was supposed to be my take away from this?

3. macfacts macrumors 68020

macfacts

The other exploding battery on the plane thread was closed so he make this thread :)

4. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

My 14 day return window ended yesterday on the replacement Note 7. And I returned it. I am now using a Moto G4 Play to tide me over. I am most likely going Pixel XL. I'd say the main reason I returned the Note 7 is its overheating fiasco; honestly, though, I just need to scratch that tech itch of wanting the next new thing that Google has just announced..haha.

On a side note, can we keep the free 256 GB micro sd card??

5. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502

Purely incorrect, they had the government over their shoulders for this whole thing, once they go back and open the phone back up to replace a part, it can no longer be sold as new. Period

Quite an accusation to make with no proof to back it up

6. macfacts macrumors 68020

macfacts

I know in Canada, the return boxes sent to customers for the "bad" Note 7 are shipped to a recycling company. They aren't being refurbished or resold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.