Note 7, what now?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ag29, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ag29 macrumors 6502

2. Radon87000 macrumors 601

I think it's an isolated incident considering no other incidents have been reported . Personally I think it may be a scam as the guy immediately switched to iPhone instead of just going with the other Android manufacturers

3. ag29, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016

ag29 thread starter macrumors 6502

If it's a scam, what could he win from it? They're doing a full investigation and they surely will find out if the person lied. If my Iphone caught on fire, I'd switch to Android immediately too because I probably wouldn't want any more Iphones after that.

If(And mostly likely I feel it will) It does turn out that the note 7 that caught fire was a replacement phone, what do you think Samsung will do?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's some solid logic there. /s

5. Radon87000 macrumors 601

Elementary my dear Watson

1)No other incidents of safe Note 7 exploding have been reported in the US

2)There is potential for money to be made if one of these safe Note 7 which "happened" to catch fire and at the same time damage the Samsung brand

3)The guy did not even look at other brands like HTC or Google Pixel for an temporary phone and the same day went to the Apple Store bought an iPhone 7.This is suspicious as I read somewhere the guy has an history of Android devices

4)Whoever it was (if this was planned) succeeded in their endeavour because carriers in the US want nothing to do with the Note 7 any longer offering flat out refunds and other models outside of the satisfaction period.Basically no consumer will want anything to do with the Note 7 any more and existing owners are now worried if they will even get Nougat update with carriers not giving thigh Note 7 a priority

5)Now guess who has the potential to profit most from this

Now I am not saying this actually happened .The guy could be innocent .I am just considering the possible theories

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I bet he also flew one of the planes into the twin towers along with Elvis and Michael Jackson who are partying it up at his ranch ....

Well if were playing conspiracy theories, may as well go big or go home ... /s

7. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

He can get paid by the media for his story. I read another case where the guy who had one apparently blow up refused to give it back to Samsung to investigate, so I read, and then his story was all across the media...
    Not saying they aren't genuine cases but some people will do literally anything for money.

You have people in this world that will smash their car into yours on purpose so they can scam money of insurance companies, and you lot call it a consiparcay theory to assume people wouldn't scam the media for money on exploding phones?

The number of case of replacement phones from what I've seen are far too low to be considered anything other then individual cases.

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.