Note 8.0 or iPad Mini w/Retina

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BGBUXA, Jan 12, 2014.

1. BGBUXA macrumors member

Hi Everyone,

I just traded my iPad 2 into Best Buy and got $160 for it. I am contemplating on getting either the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 or the iPad Mini with Retina. I run a full apple environment at home but the Note 8.0 is very enticing specifically the S Pen feature.

I would like to know everyones thoughts and feelings in reference between the two devices. Your insight will be appreciated

Cheers!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Since you're in the Apple ecosystem an iPad gives you a more integrated solution. If you have an iPhone your iOS apps will run on your iPad and your cloud information will easily be synced to the iPad.

3. suttong macrumors newbie

Love my retina, fits perfectly in all situations. The dictation feature is also my favorite, I rarely type txt or emails.

4. Zeiss macrumors member

I was enticed by the Note 3 for the S-pen feature and others. Total piece of crap, lasted 2 weeks, sold it on ebay and went and bought an iPhone. My point is that if you are familiar with the design and simplicity of iOS, as well as the seamless (mostly) integration with other apple gear, stick to the iPad.

There are lots of contentious debates about iOS v Android etc, but in my experience the allure of something different, and the option of customisation, will last all of about half a day, and you will find yourself asking the same question I did - How do i do this like on iOS?

Seriously - don't do it!!

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

you could have gotten a lot more for your iPad if you sold it by yourself on ebay, possibly enough to cover the price of a new iPad mini. anyways i would get the mini with retina, the size is amazing. I got my mom the regular mini since she wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyways and it was very comfortable holding.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If you want actual apps optimized for a tablet, go with iPad.