Note 8 Video Stabilization

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Dodgeman, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

Anyone have this feature on or off?
    My videos are set to record on the 1080p (FHD).
    I think when I send my videos they might be too long, but my videos are usually a compressed messed and are really blurry & grainy. Does turning that feature off eliminate that to some degree?

2. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

Sending videos where? Text? It will always be that way by Text. You need to upload to Youtube or share from a google drive.

3. Dodgeman thread starter macrumors 65816

Weird. Never noticed that on the iPhone and I never used iMessage either.

4. Tsepz macrumors 68020

Tsepz

So as I understand it this option is with regards to Software Stabilisation, and turning it off can actually reduce grain in the video, as the phone will solely rely on the Optical Stabilisation that is done with the OIS hardware in both Cameras.

However the degrading of video through sending via text is hard to negate, as apps like WhatsApp tend to compress Images and Videos to send faster and be less data intense.

I have heard that using Google Allo helps a lot with this though. Give that a try.

5. Dodgeman thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, I will research Google Allo. You suggest to leave the Stabilization switched off?

6. Tsepz macrumors 68020

Tsepz

Yep, leave it off. There is near "over Stabilisation" going on when both Software and Hardware are working on it.

7. Dodgeman thread starter macrumors 65816

Why do you think the selection is available?

8. Tsepz macrumors 68020

Tsepz

In case you feel the OIS is not enough. If you have very shaky hands the software Stabilisation may help a lot especially when taking pics while recording video.

9. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

You must use imessage as thats the only messaging app the iphone has.

10. Dodgeman thread starter macrumors 65816

Hope you know that on an iPhone you can turn iMessage off thus you are not going through apples service thus you are not using iMessage.