Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToCsIcK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Hi everyone

There isn't much on bookmarklets in these forums which is a shame because they are so damn cool. Safari on the iPod Touch supports "data:" URLS which can be used to run small javascript applications without having to connect to the internet. I have a few of them, one even lets me play a Tetris game written in javascript.

I've created a semi-handly Note Application that allows you to run a bookmark that will display a simple form, after hitting 'Create Note' it will take you to a page with your note on it. This page is completely written on the fly by what is in the URL, therefore you are able to add it as a bookmark and open it up whenever you like. Creating a new folder called 'Notes' is a good way to tidy them up.

Instructions:

Using your iPod goto this link click this link and it will take you to a page which will generate the bookmarklet. Click on the "Data Bookmarklet for Create Note". This will create the note application using nothing but a URL, simply bookmark this page and that's it. You will be able to view this bookmark using Safari without being online.

If you have any suggestions, comments or want to ask a question please post them here and I will see what I can do.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
Hey, thanks for the info, though i tried both bejeweled and battle fleet and neither worked :( will try some more. a List of known to works would be cool.

ToCsIcK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Hey, thanks for the info, though i tried both bejeweled and battle fleet and neither worked :( will try some more. a List of known to works would be cool.

Hmm, the games that I got to run perfectly was because I modified them to remove all un-needed code. I.E highscores, instructions, etc.

I have tried heaps of other games but none of them will work to well, not even worth mentioning. But if I do come across any really good ones I will post them up on this forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.