Note taking app that cleans up hand writing

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Mr M5, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Mr M5 macrumors regular

I feel like at some point I saw a video where there was a note taking app that after you finished writing would take and snap your notes into a clean "word" type format.

Does anybody happen to know what I'm talking about? It seemed like a great app, but I can't find it now.

2. King Julian macrumors regular

I believe 7Notes HD apparently can do this but I have never used it, the lite version doesn't allow this.

3. Emma35 macrumors newbie

4. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

I've just got it and it's quite clever. You can leave your handwritten text as just that, convert it at a later date or convert as you write. My initial experience of it is that it's quite good for handwritten notes, as you can embed images or web pages in your documents but, if converting handwritten text on the go, it's quite slow to be accurate. I could type quicker, which sort of negates the point of it as far as I'm concerned.

My view is it's expensive for not a lot gained. A nice trick but as I said, I can type quicker and the conversion after the event isn't all that brilliant as I'm frequently stuck with it not recognising what I see as perfectly readable text. But it's ability to open the finished doc in other apps is good. You can for example handwrite an email. But I don't think I'll be using it too much.

5. King Julian macrumors regular

Thanks for the feedback.