iPad Pro Note taking apps..... what are you using with the Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kilofox, Nov 19, 2015.

1. kilofox macrumors newbie

There are quite a few note taking apps out there along with Apple's own notes. OneNote, Evernote, Notability, Goodnotes, Zoom etc etc

What are you currently using? What have you tried? Why did you settle on your choice?

Speaking for myself... I was using OneNote, however its been a little glitchy for me. I am using Notability and so far I really like it.

I am a former Evernote user, but let my premium subscription lapse. I have read that the company is struggling.

2. JonSarge3108 macrumors regular

JonSarge3108

How does Notability handle notes? I.e. organisational wise?

I'm using OneNotes but haven't done too much yet as still waiting for the pencil - hoping it'll turn up tomorrow!!

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I'll tell you when I eventually get a Pencil to take notes...

4. LunaC macrumors member

Kinda depends on the type of notes you take. If more dictation, any of the sliding window ones are great.

As time goes on, I catch myself using OneNote more and more but Im seldom transcribing notes. If zoom notes would clean up the UI and stabilize, its heavy duty zooming is nice.

5. judahde macrumors member

What about OneNote was glitchy for you?

I'm using OneNote and am pretty satisfied.

6. kilofox thread starter macrumors newbie

OneNote 2015 - If you use "Print to OneNote" in another app (on a windows machine). The inserted item will not sync across other platforms. I use "Print to OneNote" a lot.

7. judahde macrumors member

Okay, so this has nothing to do with the IPP.

With regards to the "print to OneNote" feature, are you using OneDrive? Perhaps it only works with that storage location? Just a thought.

8. kilofox thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct... its not a IPP issue. Yep, I use OneDrive. Its a known bug with OneNote 2015. Older versions are OK.

9. David58117 macrumors 65816

I'm using Woodnotes. It allows for smart styluses and connects to it via bluetooth (and was updated to work with the Apple Pencil). Also, I like how it organizes notebooks and presents them. Changing paper is easy too, and you can use different paper types within 1 notebook).

I tried Notability and didn't like it.