Note-Taking Software Frustration

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MadDog31, Aug 25, 2008.

1. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Here's the deal:

I've grown to use and love OneNote (don't shoot me). What I like about OneNote is the easy auto-formatting when typing, which most outlining software on Macs can do. Here is where the problem exists...

When I'm three tabs in during an outline and I want to hit the delete key to back the tab up one stop, it goes to the line above it instead of tabbing backwards! In OneNote, when I'm tabbed in and need to go back one, simply hitting the delete key backed me up one spot. Granted, if I wanted to go to the above line to edit I had to use arrow keys or hit delete several times, but I got used to that. I need a feature that:

I. Headline Goes Here
    A. Sub-headline goes here
    1. Explanation goes here
    2. Explanation goes here
    B. When I entered here initially, it went to 3. but hitting delete quickly took me back to B.

Any ideas?!? Am I missing something in Journaler, NoteBook, MacJournal, blah blah blah blah?

Very frustrated. I don't want to have to boot into damn Windows just to type in notes...:mad::mad:

PS...the forums didn't format my post correctly, but you get the idea.

2. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Have you tried Shift-Tab? I think that tabs backwards in Omni-Outliner...not sure if it works for other programs.

3. ComputerTech macrumors newbie

I noted that you are using a MBP. There is an "fn" key on the left side of the keyboard that if you hold it down while pressing the delete key, will cause the key to function like the backspace key in windows. Try that and maybe it will fix your problem.