Note taking with Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by willydimes, Jan 8, 2015.

1. willydimes macrumors regular

Hey
    Im looking to take hand written notes and have them show up on my laptop hopefully in real time in a program that is exportable to evernote.

I tried to google compatibly for some pens I saw online but it seems a lot are for iPads etc and I just want to be able to use it at my desk in my room to make study guides. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

This may be what you are seeking. I have no experience with it though.

4. willydimes thread starter macrumors regular

that does look interesting, hopefully I can find something more fluid. I do have an Air 2 but I don't think there is anything that can allow me to real time stream notes from that to my computer. However maybe it'll be easier to just take them on the iPad and then form there put them on my laptop

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

I have used styluses on my iPad and iPad mini.
    I found them just slightly short of unusable.

I would definitely recommend the regular keyboard for note taking.

6. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

I know you are looking for real time, but have you seen or maybe could consider this Evernote Scannable by Evernote

7. radus macrumors 6502

in the end I bought a Surface Pro 3

i tried all note-taking options for the mac / ipdad := there was nothing usable

the only thing that's really good for the purpose ist the Surface Pro 3 or something Lenovo with an active pen / stylus

for some people using the keyboard might be an option -- but even if you are a fast typewriter you can not draw or write scientific symbols