Note taking

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Yumunum, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

What app(s) do you use for note taking? What kind of note taking do you do?

I'm looking to get good note taking apps. I don't mind having multiple apps for this, but I have 1 specific use I'll need something for: when I'm at church and they hand me a bulletin (double sided) I want to be able to get it on my iPad, and be able to write on it. There's fill-in-the-blanks, things to write down all around the page, and I just don't want to use real paper for it.

The iPad's camera is cruddy, so that obviously won't work. But I have an iPhone 4. Any ideas? And even if you don't have any ideas for that, I'm still interested in what note taking apps you use, and what you use them for. I'm looking for good apps!

2. matelot macrumors regular

3. Munchkinsdad macrumors regular

Munchkinsdad

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

you have two problems:

1. how do you get it in the ipad?
    the ipad camera is convenient. the iphone 4 is better. use scanner pro (recommended) or jotnot to fix it up.

2. how do you write on it?
    if you leave it as an image, you'll need note taker hd (recommended) to write on it (there is an import image feature). i do not know of any other note taking programs that have this, but i could be wrong.

if you convert it into a pdf using something like pdf provider (recommended) then you'll be able to use all sorts of great programs like pdf expert (recommended for typed annotations) to type or handwrite on them. you can also put the pdfs into note taker hd.

*if it were me, i'd probably just take notes on it using a pen and scan it into pdf form later using fujitsu scansnap (recommended). this is by far the quickest method, and it ends up digitized pretty much just like you would have had anyways.

5. hchavarria macrumors 6502

I use note taking on my iPad with a stylus for all my note taking needs including, notes at work and school. I use NoteShelf however I have been doing beta testing for the new version of GhostWriter and think will switch one iTMS released.

6. ddvmor macrumors newbie

It's not quite out yet, but Tapose looks like it's going to be pretty good. It's even supposed to have hand detection so that you can write normally with a stylus without worrying about your hand touching the screen.

7. heyloo macrumors 6502

As far as Notetaking apps go, I've been using iAnnotate and Noteshelf for the most part. Note Taker HD is also a solid choice, although I'm not a huge fan of their UI.

Notability was recommended on one of the threads so I'll have to check it out. I heard it's great.

Now trying to get the bulletin onto the iPad can be tricky. In my experience taking pictures of documents hasn't really been a problem with my iPad2 camera. It's a bit fuzzy and all but it's good enough for me. If you want a higher resolution, you'd obviously want to use the iPhone 4 camera for that.

Do you have Wi-Fi at your church? If so, you could take the picture with you iPhone 4 and the picture will automatically show up on your PhotoStream on the iPad. You could open up one of the programs above and import the picture into the app. Should do the trick.

8. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

There are some very good note-teking apps that do other things as well, however my vote goes to Notability.

You might also want to check out Evernote.