Note To All Who Have Done The Incrreased Space For Apps Mod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mahger, Oct 13, 2007.

1. mahger macrumors member

All of you who have done the mod where it moves your applications folder to get more space, doing a restore wont undo it. If you do a restore, there wont even be a symlink for the applications folder, the entire ipod will think its where it was moved to. This isnt necessarily bad except when doing a gui sftp it takes alot more clicks to find the folder. To make the ipod go back to the way it was, delete a few of the root folders and applications folders in sftp, and do a restore by holding down the home and on/off button for 25 seconds.

2. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

After you do a restore, couldn't you just make the symbolic link again? I'm not sure what point you are trying to make ...

3. mahger thread starter macrumors member

I tried that and it didnt work. I think its something deep in the file system. I didnt do much experimentation though. It might work if you just delete the directory and make it again, and then do a symlink. It seemed like the applications directory was corrupted.

4. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

i restored mine and it put everything back to where it was suppose to be. I had to re-enter in all the commands to get "unlimited" space again