Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
It is not working with Youtube or the web. Is there a setting somewhere for this?

Thanks.

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
Pull the notification drawer and check at the top if "Screen Rotation" is disabled - tap to enable it. If it is already enabled then see if a reboot fixes it. (Mine has done this twice - stops rotating, reboot fixes it.)

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Screen rotation is bugged as hell on my Note 2. Gets stuck pretty often. I googled it and found a fix that seems to work - do anything that brings up the keyboard and it'll start working again.

It's pretty annoying though, hope they sort this in a future update.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Screen rotation is bugged as hell on my Note 2. Gets stuck pretty often. I googled it and found a fix that seems to work - do anything that brings up the keyboard and it'll start working again.

It's pretty annoying though, hope they sort this in a future update.

This is literally the only annoyance I have with my Note 2. It's rare, but it does happen (usually in the browser). So thank you for this workaround! I'll have to give it a try the next time it happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.