"notebook" application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr M5, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Mr M5 macrumors regular

Has anybody used this app for mac? It seems pretty good, but I wanted some feedback before I drop $50.

I'm trying to organize my work notes and would like to be able to keep things organized by title and go to them quickly.

Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jayson

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Mr M5 thread starter macrumors regular

Evernote is good but not what I'm looking for.

there is an app in the market called "notebook" which seems like what i'm looking for but at the same time i"m not much into dropping $50 on something that seems like what I want, I'd like to be more sure.

4. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

5. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

What do you want it to do?

If you want to collect snippets of text and maybe the occasional PDF, I use Caboodle. $19.95 and it's often in bundles.

If you want to store files created in other apps, I use myDocuments. The developer is still going strong though I think he's retired the app. $19

And if you want to keep notes, I think MacJournal does a great job. $39.95.

If you're looking for a free alternative to MacJournal, take a look at viJournal Lite.

mt

6. steveoc macrumors regular

Are you talking about Circus Ponies Notebook? It's great software. I don't know if it's the best for your circumstances, but it sounds like it would fit the bill well.

If I were managing a lot of files in addition to taking notes, I'd Consider DEVONthink Personal

There are certainly more options yet.

7. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I have used Circus Ponies Notebook for the past 18 months and it has worked well. Normally I would continue with it because it has never failed me.

But I am switching away from it over the next six months, because I have purchased Tinderbox for major projects, and slowly shifting all of this kind of work to TB (including notes for teaching seminary classes). TB is not cheap (like Notebook), but it is an amazingly sophisticated program, that no matter how advanced you become you will not outgrow it.

Also, given the capabilities of Scrivener, I would seriously consider it. You get a great writing app, stability, and helpful developers and forums. I have been using Scrivener for editing a magazine.

8. Mr M5 thread starter macrumors regular

In my business we constantly learn new things so I take notes much the way a college student would.

So I'm looking to be able to take notes and have "multiple" notebooks that I can refer to by a heading. I may or would like to take hand outs we get and add them to the notebook.

Simplesh things like that :)

But without multiple paper notebooks, that I know I will never look at.

The two apps I saw that fit this was "notebook" and "notetaker" I'll check out a few of these others you guys have suggested.

9. Kristine macrumors 6502a

+1. :)