Notebook case for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gordon90s, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Gordon90s macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

I recently ordered one of the new MBP and while I'm still waiting for it (that's the worst part :D) I'm wondering what notebook case I should buy to protect my soon favorite computer. Giving the new size of the computer I'm not sure if the old macbook cases will fit?

Does anyone here actually have a notebook case (and the new MBP that belongs to it) and could recommend me something?

I'm looking for something casual, no expensive leather thing or so ^^.

Thanks for helping!

2. Gordon90s thread starter macrumors newbie

3. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

These cases/sleeves are great. They are of great quality, fit snugly and are made of felt, which is a great protective material.

I have a sleeve for my MBP AND my iPhone. I have dropped my iPhone lots of times and in this case it's protected great.

4. Trivial rock macrumors regular

Trivial rock

Huzzik cases do not fit the new MBP, however the crumpler gimp 15" W version fits perfectly. Make sure its the W ie widescreen and not the standard 15" case. I picked up a silver one on eBay for £16 the retail is roughly £40.
    Hope that helps, enjoy your new MacBook Pro :), they are great machines.

5. bitesize macrumors member

The new Taipan skin sleeve from Booq bags seem pretty good.

Too bad they don't ship till Nov 25.

6. D-Love macrumors regular

I just received my Crumpler Considerable Embarrassment bag and couldn't be happier with it. I spent a couple days researching bags and came up with this one. :)