Notepad application?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aimac, Aug 9, 2008.

1. aimac macrumors newbie

hey there i have been searching for a notepad application for awhile ever since i saw some random person in my college using it, well its not really a notepad application more of listing notepad with lines. From memory it has a yellowish background :confused: oh and it has number listing on the side =/

If you guys know anything thats similar or close to this application leave me a message :)

2. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

3. aimac thread starter macrumors newbie

nop :( its actually a really simple application by the looks of it :S

4. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

You can change the background of MacJournal to any color you like. There's a free and commercial version.

mt

5. aimac thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Queso macrumors G4

I have it on my PowerBook G4, which it came with. The version I have doesn't seem to run under Leopard though.

7. aimac thread starter macrumors newbie

from my memory its actually a simple looking application, the design its just like a notepad with lines ><
    now i really regret for not asking that person in the first place =(

8. armd.franco macrumors member

armd.franco

9. redglassbowl macrumors newbie

theres a program out there called journler. its really pretty and SUPER easy to use. its just as good as notepad. i think better.

10. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

This thread is over 2 years old.

I was wondering if i can get newer opinions on a nice notepad app for my Macbook pro. Can't believe it didn't come with one.

I'm thinking of getting Mac Notepad 8.0, but its $35 for the family pack.

Anything else out there that nicer/better/cheaper?

Also any Notepad app for Mac that can by synced by bluetooth with same app on the iphone (not thru itunes)?

Thank you,
    Rob

11. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Circus Ponies Notebook is an excellent program, and has more depth than the others, and is $49. But you may find it in a bundle somewhere - which I did whole bundle for 10 apps was $49. I have been using every day since I purchased it.

12. tlinford macrumors regular

tlinford

I would endorse Circus Ponies Notebook for university use. The folks are Circus Ponies are very helpful and have answered a number of questions I had when I started using it a couple of years ago. I had personal e-mail replies about formatting issues, me working out what you can and can't do. They also have plenty of video tutorials on their own site, http://www.circusponies.com/purchase-notebook/ . Also, there are many tutorials of youtube...

.... They offer a student price for the licence, currently $29.95.

The Notebook is very powerful, yet easy to use. You can pull files right into the notebook pages; PDF files, that your teachers put up on Uni web pages... audio files, which I record. O can put these straight into notebook pages and add by own notes... you can have collapsing headers; hiding information until you need it. You can include pages of different types, including cornel revision styles..

I have been using it solidly for the last month as I have been preparing for exams... it takes the hard work out or organising data of different types, all in one place; text, PDF; audio video.... you can clip data straight from web-pages... It is a truly powerful tool, which goes at your pace....

No I don't work for Circus Ponies, but I am a fan!

13. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Thank you all for your replies but im trying to find a notebook app that i can sync with the iphone via bluetooth.

Any fans of Evernote on here?