Notes and email connection ?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mikes2pads, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

Hi people. Checking in every now and then has always given me , at least most of the time , a useful bit of info.
    At this time I am wondering why my notes in my " notes" icon has had this direct link to my email.
    I found " my notes" listed in my email " all mail " box. Just sitting there like I put them there intentionally. I did not. Some individual notations were doubled and tripled in the mail box.
    So I erased what is in my mail boxes. I have this in my notes wright? That's where I originally wrote these notes.
    Then after erasing the notes in my mail box( all mail ). I find my original notes that I wrote in my " notes" app icon. Gone . Erased.
    Had no idea one thing ad something to o with the other. Is there a setting I can use to cut any link between the two locations ?
    Was surprised to find this happening although ts not a big deal if you not mind private notes spread all through your mail account.
    Thanks

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Sounds like your notes are syncing with your gmail account, and this is the expected behaviour. Notes are just emails with no address.

3. Mikes2pads thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the reply . Appreciate the confirmation. It seems odd .
    Why do that? N N to reply. I'm just questioning the whole idea in general. I'm sure someone can state why Apple should do this.
    I write one net and see it show up 15 times in my mail.
    I'm an Apple guy but or that alone I will get a Nexus7 instead of a mini i
    If that must occur than do not put a embedded note app on the device. J m o
    It just don't work.